Sunday, February 9, 2014

January 20, 2014

Well i have heard that all my buddies are headed out to their missions! So crazy. What a grand opportunity to serve in the Lords army. Couple things, I gave a talk in church yesterday, i've never been more scared in my life to give a discourse. Wow. I about peed my pants and i think nobody understood me. tehe. but was good :) I have a new comp, elder Toro. kinda funny, elder toro y elder burro. tehe. But he extended his mission to be with me! :) he shoulda been home the past wednesday but he extended a little bit more, he has 24 years and is a convert of 6. I am learning a whole whole whole ton from him. The work of the salvation is stretching forth in san borja and i think the hermanas are taking over next change which is a little sad but the work is going forth. english is getting so much harder and harder which i like :) tehe 

Glad to hear about my new niece :) Clara? why hasnt anyone sent pictures yet? i wanna see her :).....well just got the pictures from jon :) ask and ye shall receive. 

Kinda wierd but in my zone i have 2 "cousins", hna byington from moses lake and an hna winterton from heber. Wierd connections and a different hna was companeras with miranda rhoten in the ccm. crazy connections.

Well we have been working with some investigadores but 1 in particular who showed up at church and told us he wanted to learn more about the mormons and he is progressing super rapido and we are hoping to baptize him here soon. and 2 others that are on the edge that want to progress but need to complete there compromises. 
What i wanna share a little bit is simple but beautiful. Marcos 6:12. Talks preaching repentance. I thought about my objective has a misionero. My objective in realidad es to help people to repent and change their lives through the atonement and to receive the saving ordinances. But all of it starts with repentance. If they don't change their lives, repent and utilize the atonement they cant continue. I don't know if i explained this very well but my purpose is to call everyone to repentance. It says it countless time in the libro de mormon. The need to repent is universal and is necessary to return to the live with Heavenly Father. My purpose is to help people repent and be baptized and confirmed and then they can continue their path of enduring to the end as they make other covenants with God. In PME it says something like the central to life is repentance, i cant remember exactly and im translating it in my mind too tehe, but life is all about repentance, if we can learn to repent and do it every day every night then we will be happy and truly eternally happy. My invitation is to be accountable in your nightly prayers before God and repent each day form the faults we all have. There is no other way or name that we can be saved in the kingdom of heaven. only in and through Our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Hurrah for Israel

Elder Burrup

Sure love you guys :) send me pictures of my family my sobrinos everyone. I haven't gotten a picture of mom i a long time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment